Makes 1 Chocolate Ganache Cake
· 2 ¼ cups flour
· 2 scant teaspoons baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
· 3/4 cup cocoa
· 2 cups boiling water
· 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
· 1 ½ cup sugar
· 4 eggs
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
· 3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
2. Place 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate and cocoa in a bowl and pour in the boiling water. Stir until all the chocolate is melted. Set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and the vanilla extract.
4. Alternate mixing in the dry ingredients and the melted chocolate mixture. Do not over mix.
5. Pour batter in two 9-inch pans and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
6. To make the frosting, pour the cream into a saucepan over medium heat and stir in the 8 oz of semi-sweet chocolate. Whisk until smooth and shiny.
7. When the cakes are done and cooled, invert one on to a plate and spread the Jala Jala Fresa Fire Strawberry Jalapeño Jelly over it. It seems easier to spread the jelly over the “bottom” of the cake since it is always flat. Place the other cake layer on top and pour the frosting over the whole thing. Enjoy and Know The Glow!